Hello and Welcome!

Konnichiwa! This is our class homepage. Here, we will post pictures and stories from our days here in South Dakota. Please let your families know about this page so they can share in our travels and experiences throughout these next two weeks. Your teachers and your host families are here to help you, so please let us know if you need anything at all. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Presentation Day!

For the past two days, the students have been working diligently on their presentations!  The assignment was to research and present on one of their favorite experiences so far in South Dakota (or Minnesota). 

The students did a wonderful job and researched everything from Pipestone, traditional Native American dancing and culture, Sioux Falls, The Great Plains Zoo, to Lake Herman, Lake Madison, The Black Hills,  Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Madison.  Awesome work, gang!

Here are some pictures of them hard at work:





Telling me how they feel about their presentations:


A happy, smiling group because they are all done!


3 comments:

  1. Hello Tamagawa students,
    I had some difficulty saying "goodbye," and leaving you this afternoon after class due to an onslaught of emotions. You are each so individually special and brilliant, and I wish every success to you in life. I hope all of your dreams come true and that South Dakota will hold a warm spot in your hearts and minds in the coming years. Thank you for sharing yourselves with me.
    Sincerely, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I presented about traditional native american dancing. I was difficult to research the topic because every web site are written by English, so I spend all day in front of PC and I would try to figure out what they were written. It is hard work but, it is important for me to pursue my English skills better. Thanks a lot, Amy and Melinda, Jacy, Amber!! I'm glad to see you!!
    I cannot believe leaving here the day after tomorrow. So I don't want to sleep... I talked a lot with Giles and Angie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was nervous before my presentation.
    I could do it in the first,so I was happy and relaxed listening to presentation of other classmates.
    I enjoyed knowing about South Dakota from the presentation.

    ReplyDelete